6/24/2010

Crossing Wisconsin off my Bucket List

After work today, I am taking off for a state to cross off my bucket list: Wisconsin (if you couldn't guess from the post title).  The Finleys (30 second background: Tim was my 7th and 8th grade math league teacher...yes I know, nerd alert, I own my nerdiness...., I started babysitting his daughter, Kristen, shortly after I started in the league.  Fast forward 13 years and now Kristen is essentially my little sister, Tim and Amy are like my own family) have a cabin in Wisconsin, and are going to be up there for a few weeks.  I am going to go up for a long weekend to go to a country music festival with them, the Star Spangler Celebration.

From the map above, their house is south of La Crosse and north of Prairie Du Chien near the Iowa Border.  I'm really looking forward to the trip.  Going to get a little fishing in, a little World Cup Soccer action in with true soccer players/fans, and a whole lot of country music.  I'll be up there through Sunday mid-afternoon before I have to make the long 7-hour haul back home. 

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

myly

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You know I love your input!!