9/09/2010

Starting school again?!!?

“The purpose of learning is growth, and our minds, unlike our bodies, can continue growing as long as we live.” ~Mortimer Adler

Well at least that's what I'm aiming for. 

One of the perks I have with working at Wash U is that after a year of service, I can take any courses at no cost.  I've always wanted to take Anatomy and Physiology but it was never a requirement in my majors so no such luck.  Well my year here was July 22nd, and July 23rd I was in the system registered as a student for the fall semester.  Now that it's here.....literally; I am leaving to go to my first lab in 5 minutes....I'm really nervous.  All of my insecurities and fears of failure rear their ugly heads.  It's so silly, I know I'm going to enjoy it, I know I will learn it easily because of my interest, and I know if I dont get something, I have 3 MD's I work with daily that can help me jump the hurdle. 

I get to dissect a rat tonight.  I hope the professor doesn't tell me we aren't allowed to name them because I already picked the name Clementine.  :-)  Ok I just shoved the fear and nerves out the window.  Tonight's gonna be fun.  I'll let you know how it went in tomorrows post. 

1 comments:

Scientific Housewife said... Add Reply

Science classes are so fun, I actually didn't mind dissections and named all of my animals :)

Post a Comment

You know I love your input!!