3/29/2011

Happy Hour and Dinner with Irma

It's always nice to have a girls night once in a while, and Irma and I were having one of those weeks at work, so it was the perfect reason to go out to a restaurant we both had never tried before.  We ended up at Boogaloo in a western section of St Louis called Maplewood.  The food style was "CUBAN/CARIBBEAN/CREOLE TWIST", and it was unique and wonderful!



Surprisingly enough, I didn't take any pictures that night, but the food was delicious! 

We split a Calamari appetizer, then she had a Shrimp Po' Boy Sandwich while I had the Blackened Grouper Sandwich, and we split our sides of Sweet Potatoe Fries, and Cornbread.  
It must be a trend when I got out with Irma, but the best part of the meal was the dessert.  We split a piece of Tres Leches Cake and it was sinful. Automatically made me want to go home and find a recipe except that I'd need to find a way to make it healthy.....yah, probably impossible.  But if you know of a good recipe, send it my way!!!

Best part of the entire meal though (other than the wonderful company) was with using the Groupon, the total bill for our girls evening came to $15.30.  Gotta love a deal!!!

We had a great time and definitely needed the venting/laughing/enjoyment together.  Can't wait to do it again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You know I love your input!!