11/28/2011

Turkey Weekend 2011 (that didn't have any turkey)

So I have no excuse why I haven't posted in over a week, well I kinda do, but it's lame.  I downloaded all of my pictures on my computer at home, so I can't upload them while I get a free minute at work, which is when I typically post.  So the only pictures that you currently can have are the ones that I took on my iphone.  Sorry.  Will update later with camera photos

Thanksgiving feels like forever ago already, even though it was only 10 days.  It was a jam-packed 4 days here filled with lots of food, lots of activities, and lots of fun. Mom came into town Wednesday night, so i always have a lot planned to keep her busy. I.E. Also keeping me busy so I still feel like I'm playing a bit of catch-up.

Thursday was a full day of cooking. Our menu was:
-Ham
-Green bean casserole
-Turkey stuffing (Terry is insistent on it being called 'dressing' as it was actually never Stuffed into anything. I say its not Dressing anything either but To-may-to To-mah-to)
-Glazed carrots
-pumpkin cheesecake
-pumpkin pie (yes, i baked two pies, and good thing too! They both gor devoured)


Friday was a little bit of morning shopping although nothing chaotic.  Then we went and had massages and facials, super relaxing (well needed). Friday night, we over into the city to watch the St Louis Blues play the Calgary Flames.  Pictures to come, there is a good one of me and Mom.  Afterwards we took her to her first experience in Broadway Oyster Bar.  For all the times she has visited, I couldn't believe we hadn't taken her before.  She loved it.  Clearly.

Saturday was a bit more laid back. We stayed home most of the morning and watched the JMU - Eastern Kentucky (WE WON 20-17) game.
After the game, we went to the movie theater and watched J.Edgar. Personal opinion, it was ok.  Definitely should have been a renter movie, but still a good experience.  When we got home, Terry and I put together a meal that at least from my opinion was better than actual Thanksgiving.  Roasted Cornish Hens, Roasted and steamed Brussel Sprouts, and Potatoes Au Gratin.  Heaven.  I licked my plate clean!


Mom and I spent Sunday over in the city.  We went and got a few Christmas presents for Terry to start. Then we went to the Old St Louis Courthouse near the Arch.  Finally, we spent about 3 hours in the St Louis City Museum.  This was my second time there, and it felt like I saw everything new.  Again more pictures of this to come, from mom climbing up in the treehouse, to standing in a lifesized kaleidoscope.  Oh, and it turns out that Mom is scared of slides.  Didn't know that before.  Apparently she doesn't know how to stop/slow down.  So color me shocked when she actually did go down one (right when we got there), and was all frazzled for a bit. Then I told about the 10-story slide and I thought she was going to scream.  No way.  Too fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You know I love your input!!