12/13/2010

Christmas Cookies!

Hey Family....Spoiler Alert (even though I would assume you'd be expecting them).  Saturday was Christmas Cookie Extravaganza 2010.  I didn't start nearly as early as I wanted, but I got sucked into my current book (My Life in France by Julia Child) and so I enjoyed the early morning sitting by the Christmas Tree tucked in a blanket reading.
When the fun began though, I had all the empty plates set up for their cookie goodness.  Dominique (David's cousin who lives here in St. Louis) came over to help....it's always more fun baking cookies with someone! 

I started with Chocolate Covered Pretzels...mmmmm.  (and they were incredibly easy to make with a double boiler.)

Cocoa and Regular Sugar Cookies

Dominique :-)

Our favorite tasting sugar cookie

Our favorite designed cookie

Mmmmm, Peanut Butter Blossoms

Mid-way through the day

Terry came home and took posed shots of us.....Please don't mind my hair trying to dive into the bowl...it was just for pretend :-)

Yayyyy, Cookies!!!

Terry's just snnnnnaaapppping away

All in all, the day was so much fun.  We had a really fun time making all the cookies, we only messed up on a few recipes and it was just reading the wrong recipe from what we were originally intending to make, so it was just one more batch of cookies, no biggie. 
All the cookies we made were:
Chocolate covered pretzels (that kinda counts)
Molasses Gingersnaps
Chocolate Chip
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip (my favorite)
Mint Chocolate Chip
Oatmeal Raisin
Peanut Butter Blossoms
Snickerdoodles
Gingerbread Cookies
Plain Sugar Cookies
Cocoa Sugar Cookies

Who's coming for Cookies 2011??


1 comments:

Calmom said... Add Reply

Ohhh, I wish I could come for cookies 2011.

Post a Comment

You know I love your input!!