8/31/2011

Irene, You Ignorant Slut!

Alexa, very inappropriate, do not tell Mom and Dad where you heard/read that!! (and for the rest of you out there who think that's vulgar, it's from an old SNL skit, cool down)

Ok, now that my conscience is cleared, I laughed quite loudly and realized that it really is the only appropriate funny title for this post. Otherwise, it's going to borderline depressing, and I was that along with a complete and utter stress ball for most of the weekend, so funny it shall stay.  I imagine there isn't anyone out there who doesn't check the news....but checks this blog.... and so I'm making a wild assumption that all are familiar with Irene.....and at this point probably COMPLETELY OVER hearing about her havoc.
Well, my entire family lives in Delaware, so I was a wreck.

Originally for the weekend, we were supposed to fly to New Jersey for a wedding of friends we made from Terry's Texas jobsite.  Our flight back on Sunday was cancelled, and with not knowing how long we'd be delayed after the hurricane went through, we sadly and unhappily cancelled the trip.  We felt awful, but after we started seeing pictures like this on the news here, we knew we'd ultimately made the right decision.



IT WAS NOT FUN, and I was a mess, sitting here in the middle of the country watching it all unfold crawling up the coast.  Thankfully, everyone I called back home always answered and said they were doing fine and giving me storm updates. Afterwards thankfully, my entire family was fine.  The only real damage was the loss of a tree in my brothers front yard, and boy did it fall the right way!!  So lucky!


My mom ridiculously decided to stay down at her beach house in Lewes through the storm.  Meanwhile, a tornado went through about a mile from her and destroyed 17 homes in it's path.  I'm just so happy that it wasn't hers, but feel so awful for all the people who have flood and tree damage.  


This is the view of the home down in Cape Henlopen near the beach in Delaware that's currently being built for the Extreme Makeover: Home Edition television show.  There was no reported structural damage, but quite a lot of flooding.

Thanks to everyone who was calling to check up with me about my family back East.  It made such a difference knowing they were in your thoughts.

1 comments:

Scientific Housewife said... Add Reply

Glad to hear your family didn't have any damage, that storm was bad!

Post a Comment

You know I love your input!!