This new starter is totally cute, amazingly delicious, and a calorie bargain, considering it has a fraction of the cals found in the original. HG's Sassy Wonton Tacos: Make 'em, crunch 'em, love 'em...
8 small square wonton wrappers (often stocked near the tofu in the fridge section of the market)
4 oz. cooked skinless lean chicken breast, shredded
2 tbsp. BBQ sauce with about 45 calories per 2-tbsp. serving
3/4 cup dry coleslaw mix
2 tbsp. Newman's Own Lighten Up! Low Fat Sesame Ginger dressing (or another sesame ginger dressing with about 35 calories per 2-tbsp. serving)
2 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- To make the wonton shells, spray the inside and outside walls of a deep square or rectangular baking pan with nonstick spray. Evenly drape wonton wrappers over the pan's walls on a diagonal, making triangle-shaped "shells." (Use two pans, if needed, to keep wontons from overlapping.) Bake for 3 - 4 minutes, until just crispy enough to hold their shape. Remove pan from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Combine chicken with BBQ sauce in a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine coleslaw mix, dressing, and cilantro. Mix well. Microwave for 45 seconds, until slightly softened. Set aside.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray. One at a time, carefully remove wonton shells from the pan and fill each with a heaping tablespoon of BBQ chicken and a heaping teaspoon of cilantro slaw. Lay filled wontons gently on their sides on the baking sheet.
- Spray the upward-facing sides of the wonton shells lightly with nonstick spray (for added crispiness) and bake for about 5 minutes, until warm and crunchy. Let cool slightly and serve!
MAKES 2 SERVINGS
Serving Size: 4 wonton tacos, Calories: 191, Fat: 2g, Sodium: 605mg, Carbs: 25g, Fiber: 1g, Sugars: 7.5g
Labels: St Louis